Most of you know about oats in a jar, but salad in a jar?…. really? Yes – here is a simple salad that can be assembled ahead of time.
These are the ingredients that I used for this salad creation starting with the base:
- Greek yogurt mixed with a little Dijon mustard salt and pepper to taste (this is the dressing)
- On top of the dressing you can see some corn
- Shredded red and green cabbage for some crunch
- Tofu pesto with pasta (protein + carb)
- Sliced avocado because I just love avocado!
Always keep the dressing at the bottom, don’t mix until you are ready to eat! When you are ready……shake (and I mean shake with the lid tightly secured) the entire container so all the delicious goodness coats all your ingredients evenly. This was what I created with the ingredients I had on hand, feel free to experiment with what you like. This is a great and portable way to make salads a part of your daily routine on the go. Ciao!